Aggressive and Thorough Representation
in Immigration, Criminal & Family Law

Employment and Family-Based Green Cards

Salt Lake City, Utah Immigration Lawyer

The Salt Lake City, Utah immigration practice of Trupiano Law assists individuals and employers in obtaining permanent resident visas for foreign nationals to live and work in the U.S.

Attorney Kimberly J. Trupiano guides clients through every part of the process: preparing visa applications, working for foreign consulates to verify documents or fix problems, and applying for adjustment of status from non-immigrant to immigrant. Call her today at 801-266-0166 to arrange a consultation.

Immigrant Visas

Permanent resident status (“green card”) gives certain rights to individuals that are not available to those living in the U.S. on a temporary visa, including the right to seek any type of employment. After the prescribed period, permanent residents can apply for citizenship.

In order to become a legal permanent resident (LPR) you must be:

Admissible: Certain criminal convictions or diseases can prevent clients from obtaining becoming permanent residents. Other barriers include unlawful entry, overstaying a visa, prior deportation or disabilities that would make the person a ward of the state. Ms. Trupiano prepares waiver packets or goes back to fix convictions to overcome these obstacles.

Eligible: Permanent resident visas are available to (a) qualifying foreign workers sponsored by a U.S. employer (b) immediate relatives (spouse or minor child) of an LPR or U.S. citizen.

Trupiano Law assists Utah businesses in obtaining E-1, E-2 and other employment-based permanent visas for executives, managers and workers with specialty skills. Ms. Trupiano takes care of the details of submitting visa applications and labor certification (if necessary). She also handles all aspects of family petitions, addressing any issues that would make the spouse or child inadmissible.

If you have been granted asylum by the U.S. government, you can apply for permanent residency after living in America for one year. A fiancé who enters the United States to marry a U.S. citizen can apply for conditional LPR status once the marriage has taken place and convert to full status after two years.

Kim Trupiano enjoys bringing families together and pays attention to the details to ensure the process goes as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Contact Trupiano Law in Salt Lake City, Utah for experienced legal counsel. Call 801-266-0166 for a telephone consultation or for an in-office meeting to go over your case. Spanish, German, and Vietnamese-speaking staff are available to interpret when necessary.