Salt Lake City Immigration and Criminal Defense Attorney
Immigration and Immigration Appeals Lawyer
Trupiano Law maintains a growing practice in U.S. immigration law, offering sophisticated knowledge and guidance for a complex process.
The firm helps individuals gain entry to America to work or reunite with family members, and assists Utah employers in bringing qualified workers from overseas.
Kim Trupiano handles all immigration matters, including:
- Immigrant visas including for family-based, employment-based visas, and diversity visas
- Non-immigrant visas
- Employer liability of hiring aliens and invoking the "good faith" defense
- Adjustment of status for family-based, employment-based visas, diversity visas, agricultural visas, and legalization matters
- Consular processing
- Deferred inspection
- Applications for parole
- Naturalization and citizenship; Dual citizenship applications
- Asylum and refugee investigations and applications
- Waivers for inadmissibility, for grounds of removal, and for labor certification
- Humanitarian forms of relief
- Removal and expedited administrative proceedings
- Immigration appeals and petitions for judicial review:
- appeals of USCIS decisions to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO)
- appeals of USCIS decisions to the Administrative Appeals Unit (AAU)
- appeals of certain USCIS decisions and of immigration judge decisions to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
- petitions for review of certain USCIS decisions, of immigration judge decisions, and of decisions of the Board of Immigration Appeals to the appropriate federal circuit court
- petitions for writ of habeas corpus challenging custody determinations of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, of custody redeterminations of immigration judges, or of custody decisions of the Board of Immigration Appeals to the appropriate federal district court
- Evaluation of criminal convictions and post-conviction work to create status of eligibility for the above applications for immigration benefits.
Criminal and Juvenile Defense Attorney
Trupiano Law provides aggressive and experienced defense representation to adult and juvenile clients facing state or federal criminal charges in Utah. Ms. Trupiano's ability to understand the charges and challenge the evidence make her a considerable asset for clients facing charges in the Salt Lake City area or throughout Utah.
Ms. Trupiano handles all criminal defense matters, including:
- White collar crimes
- Immigration fraud crimes and other fraud
- Drug crimes
- Sex offenses
- Assault and battery
- Other criminal charges
Trupiano Law handles all juvenile defense matters, including defense against juvenile crime charges involving:
- Drug possession
- Shoplifting or theft
- Sexual assault and violent crimes
- Property crimes
- Other juvenile crimes
Is Your Immigration Status in Danger?
Ms. Trupiano's background in both immigration law and criminal law makes her especially effective when these issues overlap:
- Non-citizens charged with a deportable offense in federal and Utah state law cases, as well as consult with criminal defense attorneys who might be defending aliens in another state
You need immediate legal counsel if you are facing deportation.
Trupiano Law represents individuals and corporate clients in the greater Salt Lake City area and surrounding counties of Utah. Call 801-266-0166 for a consultation. Se habla español. There are Spanish, Vietnamese, and German speakers on staff to help interpret.
Aggressive, Thorough and Compassionate
Criminal Defense ∙ Immigration Law ∙ Juvenile Defense
Criminal Defense: Kim Trupiano understands that criminal charges are frightening. She attacks the prosecution's case and exhausts all defenses to limit the impact of an arrest. Trupiano Law handles all accusations, including white collar prosecutions — such as fraud or embezzlement — drug crimes, property crimes, violent crimes and juvenile offenses.
Immigration Law: Immigration is frustrating for individuals, employers and families. Ms. Trupiano strives for efficient processing of petitions, and works hard to clear legal barriers to entering the U.S. or remaining here. Kim Trupiano handles all immigration matters, including immigrant and non-immigrant visas, adjustment of status, citizenship, asylum, removal proceedings, immigration appeals, and much more.
Juvenile Defense: Attorney Trupiano represents juveniles charged with having committed crimes under federal or Utah state law. Trupiano Law's juvenile defense practice focuses on trying to keep juvenile crime cases in juvenile courts — where the objective concentrates on rehabilitation rather than punishment. Ms. Trupiano aggressively defends juveniles facing charges involving drug possession, property crimes, assault and other violent crimes, and other state or federal offenses.
Schedule a confidential consultation to discuss your situation. Trupiano Law does not charge for an initial 20-minute phone consultation for criminal and juvenile delinquency matters. A reasonable fee is required for immigration-related consultations. Ms. Trupiano's support staff can translate for Spanish-, Vietnamese-, and German-speaking clients.